Inspection report and package
At the conclusion of the inspection, you will receive a report outlining inspection findings. Report length varies depending on the home’s size and features but generally runs 18-20 pages and covers all areas of the home’s exterior and interior, including
Also included in your report package will be additional information that will be useful to you in understanding certain features of that particular home, how they operate, or that will assist you in repairs and maintenance. We believe it’s an important value-added service to provide, especially for new homebuyers. There are at least 35 different topics for which we can provide the kind of information you may need. Some of the information you can expect includes
Copyright: Spruceview Inspection Services Ltd. 2011
- Property and Site
- Garage / Carport
- Roof Structure
- Heating / Cooling
- Plumbing Components
- Basement / Structure
- Electrical Service
- Attic / Ventilation
- Family / Recreation Room / Main Floor / Lower Level
- Dining Room
- Living Room
- Main Bathroom
- Other Bathroom(s)
- Additional Information and Comments about the Home
- Checklist for Prospective Buyers – home details to check before signing the papers.
- Seasonal Maintenance Checklist – a comprehensive checklist for you to follow each Spring and Fall to ensure your home is comfortable, maintained, and safe.
- Steps to Mould Cleanup – even if it is not present when you purchase the home, mould can easily occur from undue moisture and improper ventilation. Here’s what to do.
- Sump Pumps – a code requirement in new home construction, here’s info on what they are and how they work, or how to install a sump pump if your home does not have one.
- Smoke Detectors – your family’s safety may depend on them. Spruceview checks all smoke detectors to ensure they work and are properly installed. There are different kinds, models and technology behind each. Here’s how to ensure the proper working order of the kind in your new home.
Additional information provided includes topics such as
- Carbon Monoxide
- Setback Thermostats
- Caulking and Weatherstripping
- Gas-Fired Hot Water Tank
- Anchoring Your Mobile Home
- Life Cycles and Costs Resource Guide
- CMHC Guides and Information